Wednesday, May 4, 2016

The World Standard : "Ima wa Mukashi" English Lyrics

"Ima wa Mukashi" is a song released by The World Standard on the avex trax label on May 4th, 2016.
The song appears as track #11 on their debut album "The World Standard".

Once Upon a Time

Lyrics: Manaka Suzuki
Composition: Manaka Suzuki & Hiroshi Usami
Arrangement: Hiroshi Usami

Grandpa was quiet
sitting down at the very edge of a chair
with really happy and wrinkled eyes
he always gazed at me as I played

His favorite food, almost every day
He ate nothing but zaru soba
It was kinda mysterious, so I asked him:
"Won't you get tired of it if you eat it that much?"
And Grandpa said this:
"If it's something you like from the bottom of your heart
you won't get tired of it even if you eat it every day"

Grandpa would wake at 5 o'clock
warm his body with radio calisthenics at 6
saying because he wants to see his great-grandchildren's face
he exercised enthusiastically every day

His favorite food, making it so deliciously
today too he ate zaru soba
That day I fought with my friend
I burst out in anger
And then, he smiled gently
And Grandpa said this
with his usual countenance:
"If you don't say your feelings, you won't get through to them"

Since one day, Grandpa
he started taking lots of medicine
Young me didn't really understand
why that was

His favorite food, making it so deliciously
today too he ate zaru soba
Grandpa said this
with wrinkled eyes again
Smiling at me, he taught me
the beauty of living, the fleetingness of life, just
smiling at me, he taught me

And then after a little while
in a twinkle, Grandpa's long legs
become more slender than 14-year-old mine
and he couldn't walk anymore alone

Hi favorite food, he always ate it
But today he didn't eat zaru soba
and though he'd always hated hospitals, was hospitalized
And Grandpa softly muttered this:
"I'm a really lucky guy"
"Thank you, thank you"
He smiled gently at me

On a quite sunny early afternoon
white wings grew on my Grandpa
and he took off into the sky
Grandpa was silent
but he smiled gently
and as if gently wiping away my ceaseless tears
wind blew in from the window

If I can meet you once again, I'll say sorry
and eat zaru soba together
I couldn't tell you
"Thank you, thank you"
I looked up at the sky
and at that moment I realized
the beauty of living, the fleetingness of life

Once upon a time, time's passed
and my eyes have gradually gotten wrinkled
That me tells
the ones I love
"Thank you, thank you"
Ima wa Mukashi

Sakushi: Suzuki Manaka
Sakkyoku: Suzuki Manaka & Usami Hiroshi
Henkyoku: Usami Hiroshi

Ojiichan wa monoshizuka
Ichiban hashikko no ISU ni koshi kakete
Totemo ureshisou shiwakucha na me de
Asonderu boku wo itsumo nagametemashita

Ichiban daikoubutsu mainichi no you ni
Zarusoba bakka tabeteta
Sukoshi fushigi deshita boku wa kiite mimashita
"Sonna ni tabetete akinai no?"
Ojiichan wa iimashita
"Kokoro kara suki na mono nara
Mainichi tabetemo akinai yo"

Ojiichan wa goji oki de
Rokuji no RAJIOtaisou de karada atatamete
Himago no kao ga mitai kara to
Mainichi harikitte undou shitemashita

Ichiban daikoubutsu oishisou ni shite
Zarusoba kyou mo tabeteta
Tomodachi to KENKA shite
Sono hi yatsuatari shita
Soshitara yasashiku hohoenda
Ojiichan wa iimashita
Itsumodoori no hyoujou de,
"Omoi wa iwanakya tsutawaranai"

Ojiichan wa aru hi kara
Takusan okusuri wo nomu you ni natte
Osanai boku wa sono riyuu ga nan nanoka
Anmari wakarimasen deshita

Ichiban daikoubutsu oishisou ni shite
Zarusoba kyou mo tabeteta
Ojiichan wa iimashita
Mata shiwakucha na me de
Boku ni hohoemi oshieta
Ikiru koto no utsukushisa wo jinsei no hakanasa wo, tada
Boku ni hohoemi oshieta

Sore kara sukoshi tatta koro
Mirumiru to ojiichan no nakagatta ashi wa
Juuyonsai ni naru boku yori hosoku natte
Hitori ja arukenaku narimashita

Ichiban daikoubutsu itsumo tabeteta
Zarusoba kyou wa tabezu ni
Zutto iyagatte ita byouin ni nyuuin shite
Ojiichan wa sotto tsubuyaita
"Hontou ni shiawasemono"
"Arigatou, arigatou" tte
Boku ni yasashiku hohoenda

Yoku hareta hirusagari
Ojiichan ni shiroi hane ga haete
Osora ni habataite ikimashita
Ojiichan wa damatta mama de
Dakedo yasashiku hohoende
Boku no tomaranai namida wo yasashiku nuitoru you ni
Mado kara kaze ga fukikonda

Mou ichido aeru no nara, gomen ne wo itte
Zarusoba issho ni tabeyou
Tsutaerarenakatta
"Arigatou, arigatou"
Boku wa osora wo miageta
Ikiru koto no utsukushisa ni, jinsei no hakanasa ni, tada
Boku wa sono toki kidzuita

Ima wa mukashi toki wa tachi
Dandan shiwakucha na me ni natte kita yo
Sonna boku wa aisuru hito ni
"Arigatou, arigatou"
Sou tsutaete imasu
いまはむかし

作詞:鈴木まなか
作曲:鈴木まなか & 宇佐美宏
編曲:宇佐美宏

2 comments: