Friday, April 15, 2016

Utada Hikaru : "Manatsu no Tooriame" English Lyrics

"Manatsu no Tooriame" is a song released by Utada Hikaru on the Toshiba EMI label on April 15th, 2016.
The song was used as the theme song for the NTV show "NEWS ZERO".
The song appears as track #1 on her digital single "Manatsu no Tooriame".

Midsummer Shower

Lyrics, Composition, & Arrangement: Hikaru Utada

In the midst of a dream, I awoke
and couldn't go back though I closed my eyes
The world that was so clear until a moment ago is now an illusion

Softly drawing sweaty me close
we deeply etched so many firsts in my mind

I wonder when I won't be sad
when I stretch my hands to the swaying new leaves
and my thoughts rush to you...
Please tell me

Today I'm not alone
That in itself makes me happy
but though I'm persuading myself I'm fine with that...

Out of breath in a battle I can't win
if I forget the days when I burned with love
for you, I won't be me
Tell me the correct way to say farewell

When I stretch my hands out to someone
and my thoughts rush to you
today the things I want to ask you are so numerous
and they overflow, overflow

The trees bud, time goes round
I want to tell you my unchanging feelings
There's a freedom to be free
The shadows of those at send off stand stock still

Memories suddenly violently
grasp me and won't let go
I love you and so deeply
A midsummer shower won't stop falling

In the midst of a dream, I awoke
and couldn't go back though I closed my eyes
You were in my future until a while ago
Visiting upon tomorrow

In the rain that'll never stop, never stop
my thirst won't ever be quenched, won't ever be quenched
Manatsu no Tooriame

Sakushi, Sakkyoku, & Henkyoku: Utada Hikaru

Yume no tochuu de me wo samashi
Mabuta tojitemo modorenai
Sakki made senmei datta sekai mou maboroshi

Asebanda watashi wo sotto dakiyosete
Takusan no hajimete wo fukaku kizunda

Yureru wakaba ni te wo nobashi
Anata ni omoi haseru toki
Itsu ni nattara kanashikunaku naru
Oshiete hoshii

Kyou watashi wa hitori ja nai shi
Sorenari ni shiawase de
Kore de ii n da to iikikaseteru kedo

Katenu ikusa ni ikigirashi
Anata ni mi wo kogashita hibi
Wasurechattara watashi ja naku naru
Oshiete tadashii SAYONARA no shikata wo

Dareka ni te wo nobashi
Anata ni omoi haseru toki
Kyou anata ni kikitai koto ga ippai
Afurete afurete

Kigi ga mebuku tsukihi meguru
Kawaranai kimochi wo tsutaetai
Jiyuu ni naru jiyuu ga aru
Tachitsukusu miokuribito no kage

Omoidetachi ga fui ni watashi wo
Ranbou ni tsukande hanasanai
Aishitemasu naomo fukaku
Furiyamanu mannatsu no tooriame

Yume no tochuu de me wo samashi
Mabuta tojitemo modorenai
Sakki made anata ga ita mirai
Tazunete ashita e

Zutto yamanai yamanai ame ni
Zutto ienai ienai kawaki
真夏の通り雨

作詞・作曲・編曲:宇多田ヒカル

1 comment:

  1. I prefer "sunshower“ to ”shower” for the original lyrics 通り雨 for some reason but especially you named this blog Otenkiame Translations.

    ReplyDelete