Wednesday, September 9, 1998

Sheena Ringo - Kabukichou no Joou

Muzai moratorium / Ringo Sheena
"Kabukichou no Joou"
1998.09.09
"Kabukichou no Joou" [Single] / Muzai Moratorium [Album]
Suntory "The Cocktail Mimosa Cracker" CM song

The Queen of Kabukicho

Lyrics & Composition: Ringo Sheena
Arrangement: Seiji Kameda

Whenever I hear the voices of cicadas, I remember Kujuukuri Beach
Leaving the hands of my wrinkled grandmother, alone I visited the red-light district

My mother's the queen of this place and I'm like the spitting-image of her
Everyone reaching out to me, still a child, I was fascinated by the red-light district

When I turned 15, the queen left me and disappeared
She probably lives with that man who came every Friday

"He who once flourished will surely decline"
The time came for me to know what that meant and I set foot in the red-light district

I detest the woman who disappeared, but it's summer now
And I proudly display my title as queen

Now that I'm a woman, I only sell myself
so I'll lose everything when I want sympathy

Once you leave the east exit of JR Shinjuku Station
there will be my garden: The great playground Kabukicho

From tonight, I, her daughter, am the queen of this town
Kabukichou no Joou

Sakushi & Sakkyoku: Sheena Ringo
Henkyoku: Kameda Seiji

Semi no koe wo kiku tabi ni me ni ukabu Kujuukurihama
Shiwashiwa no sobo no te wo hanare hitori de otozureta kanrakugai

Mama wa koko no joousama ikiutsushi no you na atashi
Dareshimo ga te wo nobete kodomo nagarani miserareta kanrakugai

Juugo ni natta atashi wo oite joou wa kieta
Maishuu Kinyoubi ni kite ita otoko to kurasu no darou

"Ichido sakaeshi mono demo kanarazuya otoroe yuku"
Sono imi wo shiru toki wo mukae ashi wo fumiireta wa kanrakugai

Kiete itta onna wo nikumedo natsu wa ima
Joou to iu katagaki wo hokorashige ni kakageru

Onna ni natta atashi ga uru nowa jibun dake de
Doujou wo hoshita toki ni subete wo ushinau darou

JR Shinjuku Eki no higashiguchi wo detara
Soko wa atashi no niwa daiyuugiba Kabukichou

Kon'ya kara wa kono machi de musume no atashi ga joou
歌舞伎町の女王

作詞・作曲:椎名林檎
編曲:亀田誠治




No comments:

Post a Comment