Wednesday, February 24, 1999

Sheena Ringo - Tadashii Machi

Muzai moratorium / Ringo Sheena
"Tadashii Machi"
1999.02.24
Muzai Moratorium [Album]

The Right City

Lyrics & Composition: Ringo Sheena
Arrangement: Seiji Kameda

I ran away that day, even though you and this city were right

You pointed an unpleasant smile at me and after a long silence the mood got even worse
so you rubbed your forehead on the cold asphalt and blamed me for being a let-down

You'd lost your surroundings. I ignored that

Those lips said goodbye to me that day, so a year later
I wonder what it felt like when you kissed me with them just now?

I connected short lies, made them outright ones, and hid my true feelings of being alienated
You much prefer a short distance over words that aren't enough and felt like you could understand me, but...

I taught you how to cry. I ignored that too

You say there are plenty of cute girls out there
so then why don't you have anyone by your side still?

What an outrageous dream I just had
I was forcing such an arrogant type of love on you
Winter doesn't smell right in the city
There's no Momochi Beach, or you, or Muromi River

I know I can't say anything selfish anymore
so I really can't tell you to come to the airport tomorrow, even for the last time
All the warnings have come true in the form of punishment now
I ran away that day, even though you and this city were right
Tadashii Machi

Sakushi & Sakkyoku: Sheena Ringo
Henkyoku: Kameda Seiji

Ano hi tobidashita kono machi to kimi ga tadashikatta noni ne

Fuyukai na emi wo muke nagai chinmoku no ato taido wo sara ni waruku shitara
Tsumetai asufaruto ni hitai wo kosurasete kitaihazure no atashi wo semeta

Kimi ga mawari wo nakushita atashi wa sore wo mushi shita

Sayonara wo tsugeta ano hi no kuchibiru ga ichinengo
Douiu kimochi de ima atashi ni kisu wo shite kureta no kana

Mijikai uso wo tsunage akai mono ni kaete sogai sare yuku honne wo fuseta
Taranai kotoba yori mo chikai kyori wo konomi rikai dekite ita you ni omou ga

Kimi ni namida wo oshieta atashi wa sore mo mushi shita

Kawaii hito nara suteru hodo iru nante iu kuse ni
Doushite imadani kimi no yoko niwa dare hitori inai no kana

Nante daisoreta koto wo yumemite shimatta'n darou
Anna gouman na tagui no ai wo oshitsuketari
Tokai dewa fuyu no nioi mo tadashiku mo nai
Momochihama mo kimi mo Muromigawa mo nai

Mou wagamama nado ienai koto wa wakatte iru kara
Asu no kuukou ni saigo demo kite nante totemo ienai
Chuukoku wa subete ima batsu to shite genjitsu ni natta
Ano hi tobidashita kono machi to kimi ga tadashikatta noni ne
正しい街

作詞・作曲:椎名林檎
編曲:亀田誠治


2 comments:

  1. I've been studying japanese for two weeks now and I stumbled upon your blog while I was trying to translate a song by Ayano kaneko. I'm listening to Japanese songs a lot these days so your blog come in handy. Thank you for your work it is going to be very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the nice comment!
      I hope your studies get you far! Keep at it!!

      Delete