Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Shiina Ringo : "Nagaku Mijikai Matsuri" English Lyrics

Nagaku Mijikai Matsuri / Kamisama, Hotokesama (No Verao, As Noites / God, Nor Buddha) / Ringo Sheena
"Nagaku Mijikai Matsuri" is a song released by Shiina Ringo on the Virgin Music / Universal Music label on August 5th, 2015.
The song was used as the commercial song for Coca Cola's "Natsu wo Kaeyou".
The song appears as track #1 on her fifteenth single "Nagaku Mijikai Matsuri / Kamisama, Hotokesama".

Long and Short Festival

Lyrics & Music: Ringo Shiina
Arrangement: Ringo Shiina & Youichi Murata

How fireworks connect the whole world!
A meeting of an instant and thousands of years
We're seriously losing our summer

Setting free this out-of-place, chilled body
into the body heat of people crowded together, I go with the flow
Come to think of it, I've come far

Life is all too short-lived, isn't it?
Not to mention youth goes in the blink of an eye
Tonight all hands are harbingers, the first piece

Everyone's in individual and various garments
Makeup covering up our wild lives
We really conceal ourselves, we are the summer

Somehow or other my heart feels down
Wandering in the body heat of people crowded together, I go with the flow
Come to think of it, I've come far

Eternity is curt, isn't it?
Mere transience is fine, right?
More and more the party's at full swing, this is the real thing

Everyone individually picks and chooses every direction
I smell the scent of ferocious life burning
We really feel nervous, we are the summer

What should I do in the peak of my womanhood?
Like this, I have no place to go
I'm still at my peak beauty, at my most sexually attractive age, at full bloom

As though a large-flowered weeping willow
Shifting scenes of the human world are revived
I really won't let go of our summer

What should I do in the peak of my womanhood?
Like this, it can't end yet
I'm still at my peak beauty, at my most sexually attractive age, at full bloom

Nagaku Mijikai Matsuri

Sakushi & Sakkyoku: Shiina Ringo
Henkyoku: Shiina Ringo & Murata Youichi

Tenjoutenge tsunagu hanabi kana
Tokoshie to setsuna no deai
Wasuru maji warera no natsu wo

Bachigai ni hiekitta karada wo
Hitoikire ni houtte nagashi nagasare
Omoeba tooku e kita mono da

Jinsei nante akkenai ne
Mashite wakasa wa acchuuma
Koyoi zen'in ga sakigake, ichimaime yo

Mina meimei toridori no ishou
Honpou na inochi wo oou keshou
Kakusu maji warera wa natsu yo

Nanikashira ochikomu da kokoro wa
Hitoikire samayotte nagashi nagasare
Omoeba tooku e kita mono da

Eien nante sokkenai ne
Honno karisome ga ii ne
Iyoiyo en mo takenawa, honban desu

Mina meimei yoridori zenhoui
Doumou na inochi moyasu nioi
Okusu maji warera wa natsu yo

Choito onnazakari wo dou shiyou
Konomama ja ikiba ga nai
Hanazakari irozakari masakari mada

Choudo tairin no shidareyanagi
Yomigaeru hitoyo no soumatou
Nogasu maji warera no natsu wo

Choito onnazakari wo dou shiyou
Konomama ja mada owarenai
Hanazakari irozakari masakari mada

長く短い祭

作詞・作曲:椎名林檎
編曲:椎名林檎、村田陽一

3 comments:

  1. Hello, I would like to perform a cover of this song using your translation as a base for the lyrics (they won't be exactly the same to fit the rythm but mostly). Would you allow me to do so ? Of course, I'll give you credit for the translation and add a link to this page. Thank you in advance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that sounds very interesting. I do not mind at all! Thank you for letting me know beforehand!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for share this with us! <3

    ReplyDelete