Wednesday, March 28, 2001

Utada Hikaru - Parody

Distance / Hikaru Utada
"Parody"
2001.03.28
Distance [Album]

Parody

Lyrics & Composition: Hikaru Utada
Arrangement: Kei Kawano

Late-night broadcast
The TV's watching me with blue eyes
No matter how much I change the channel
I can't shake that gaze

In my fridge
I get the same reply no matter how many times I look in
A familiar reply
The time limit's close at hand
I need more time. Let me be

Oh no, this is a parody
But for me it's a life story
Unable to wait for me, the clock
is pretending like it doesn't know anything
I know it's a common story
But for me it's a life story
I'm not copying anyone else
I'll write the sequel from here on

We're all heading in the same direction
On the expressway
It's a mere coincidence
Unexpected when the paths separate

Please hurry to the seventh floor
The elevator's unexpectedly narrow
No one's here, so I'm relieved
From "compassion" set me free

Oh no, they're all a parody
But everyone's true story
Unable to exert yourself
you're pretending like you don't need anything
I know, we're very similar
But all we do is compete
Unable to put in any effort
I'll read the sequel from here on

Oh no, this too is probably a parody
I'm sure to others it's a fake story
I can only wear my own shoes
I can walk like that, so it's fine
I know it's a common story
But for me it's a life story
Unable to wait for the sequel
I'll go see you from here on
Parody

Sakushi & Sakkyoku: Utada Hikaru
Henkyoku: Kawano Kei

Shin'ya housou
Terebi ga aoi me de watashi wo miteru
Ikura channeru wo kaetemo
Sono shisen wo furikirezu ni iru

Reizouko no naka wa
Nando nozoitemo onaji henji
Kikinareta henji
Taimu rimitto wa mokuzen
Motto jikan ga iru Let me be

Oh no kore wa parody
Demo jibun niwa life story
Watashi wo matezu ni tokei wa
Nanimo shiranai furi shiteru
I know yoku aru hanashi
Demo jibun niwa life story
Dareka no mane ja nai watashi wa
Kore kara tsuzuki wo kakimasu

Minna de onaji houkou e mukatteku
Kousokudouro
Tada no guuzen nanda yo
Michi ga wakareru toki wa totsuzen

Nanakai made isoide onegai ne
Igai to semai erebeetaa
Daremo inai kara anshin
"Omoiyari" kara Set me free

Oh no dore mo parody
Demo dare datte true story
Chikara wo dasezu ni anata wa
Nanimo iranai furi shiteru
I know yoku nita futari
Demo kisoiau bakari
Chikara wo irezu ni watashi wa
Kore kara tsuzuki wo yomimasu

Oh no kore mo tabun parody
Kitto tanin niwa fake story
Jibun no kutsu shika hakenai
Sore de arukeru'n dakara ii
I know yoku aru hanashi
Demo jibun niwa life story
Tsuzuki wo matezu ni watashi wa
Kore kara kimi ni ai ni iku yo
Parody

作詞・作曲:宇多田ヒカル
編曲:河野圭


No comments:

Post a Comment