Thursday, June 20, 2024

Makihara Noriyuki - Oyayubi wo Kakusazu ni

Life In Downtown / Noriyuki Makihara
"Oyayubi wo Kakusazu ni"
2006.02.22
LIFE IN DOWNTOWN [Album]

Without Hiding My Thumbs

Lyrics, Composition, & Arrangement: Noriyuki Makihara

Long car horns
echo throughout the city
as if saying their final farewell to the world
I watched from my car heading to the crematorium
on the streets of the city
where we'll never again be back together

And I saw small children on the street
lining up in front of their mothers
putting their hands together
for so long

When asked by God
what kind of life they had
I'm sure the departed will smile
when they recall them
So since that day
I decided I'd put my hands together
even if I spotted a black car
without hiding my thumbs1

Before teaching still young children
uneasy superstitions
like not being able to see your parents before they die
there are more important things
we should teach them
like how everyone's life is limited

You can't take anything with you
The person who left behind even their body
and left on a journey with only their spirit
is truly someone important
to someone

You learn someone's life has ended
and it seems like your heart sinks a bit
and then you realize you're alive
supported by someone you don't even know
That's why I want to pray for their safety
on their next journey with feelings of thanks
and see them off
with my hands together, without hiding my thumbs

Then I slowly open my eyes
and somehow
the world seems warmer
and lovelier than before

* [1] It's believed when you see a casket coach, you should hide your thumbs or you won't be able to see your parents before they die.
Oyayubi wo Kakusazu ni

Sakushi, Sakkyoku, & Henkyoku: Makihara Noriyuki

Nagai kurakushon wa
Sekaijuu ni muketa
Saigo no wakare wo iu you ni machi ni hibiku
Mou nidoto issho niwa modorenai machi no toori wo
Dabisho ni mukau
Kuruma kara mite itara

Toori ni dete kita chiisa na kodomotachi ga
Hahaoya no mae ni narande
Itsumademo te wo
Awasete kurete ita'n da

Donna jinsei datta to
Kamisama ni tazunerareta toki
Karera no sugata wo omoidashite
Nakihito mo hohoemu no darou
Dakara boku wa ano hi kara
Kuroi kuruma wo mitsuketemo
Oyayubi wo kakusazu
Te wo awaseyou to kimeta'n da

Oya no shi ni me ni aenai toka
Fuan na meishin wo
Mada osanai kodomo ni oshietari suru sono mae ni
Motto oshiete oku beki
Daiji na koto ga aru
Tatoeba dare no inochi mo kagiri ga aru koto toka

Nan nimo motte iku koto wa dekinai
Jibun no karada sae mo oite
Kokoro dake de tabi ni deta nowa
Dare ni tottemo
Hontou wa daiji na hito nanda

Dareka no inochi ga owatta to
Shitta to sukoshi kokoro ga katamuku you de
Na mo shiranu dareka nimo jibun ga
Sasaerarete ikite iru to shiru
Dakara arigatou no kimochi to
Tsugi no tabisaki no buji wo inotte
Oyayubi wo kakusazu ni
Te wo awasete miokuritai

Sono ato yukkuri me wo akeru to
Nazeka
Sakki yori sekai ga atatakaku
Itooshiku mieru'n da
親指を隠さずに

作詞・作曲・編曲:槇原敬之




No comments:

Post a Comment